How to travel to canada with a dui

Deportations and Return to Canada


Whether you reside here with a green card or without documentation, driving under the influence (DUI) is a serious offense with the possibility of deportation. Although some cases do not result in serious immigration consequences, when convicted, these incidences often stall or completely halt the naturalization process.

If you are an undocumented immigrant and are arrested for a DUI, it is fairly certain that someone will notify immigration authorities to transfer you to an immigration detention center. These are the cases that often result in deportation, therefore, it is highly recommended to hire an immigration attorney who is familiar with immigration law, as well as criminal defense.

The Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) does not specifically consider a DUI to be a deportable offense, however, some cases involve more than just drunk driving. The term itself, “under the influence” seems self-explanatory, although it is an overly broad term and subject to interpretation upon review of a case.

DUI and NIT homologation progresses

The cost of your U.S. passport will depend on the type of passport you apply for and how quickly you need it. See Passport Fees for more information on the cost of a U.S. passport booklet or passport card and all related services.

Life and death emergencies include serious illness, injury or death of an immediate family member that requires you to travel to another country that requires a passport within 72 hours (3 three days). Customers must appear in person at a passport agency for emergency services with supporting documentation.

Please call the National Passport Information Center at 1-877-487-2778 (TTY/TDD 1-888-874-7793) to schedule an appointment at the nearest passport agency. Our automated appointment system is available every day, 24 hours a day. If the automated system does not meet your needs, you may speak with a customer service representative during business hours. Business hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time (except on federal holidays).

Options to obtain a Canadian visa after a

I need to send this power of attorney for reasons of retirement there, could you tell me what papers I have to present, if it is in the Consulate that you can do these procedures, without having to travel to El Salvador and do it there? and if so, how much is paid for this power of attorney? mercedes

I understand that I need an apostilled or stamped birth certificate (can you tell me where I can get it in peru?) and a document of spinsterhood (should I get it here in canada? or in peru?) could you please give me complete information, thank you in advance.

Mr. Angel Cisneros, if it is possible to obtain the police solvency in the consulates of El Salvador here in Canada. The consulate sends you the form and the letter to present at your nearest police station for fingerprinting and once you get it you send it to the consulate with a letter stating why you cannot go in person and requesting to be sent back once they send it from El Salvador. This takes about three months. It does not cost you anything. The criminal records are the ones that cost $3. You must attach a copy of a valid identity document, either dui or passport and three front and three right profile photos with a white background. In the photographic studios they know the exact size.

Can I travel by plane within the U.S. when I am a tourist here in Toronto Canada?

I am a tourist here in Toronto Canada, and I would like to know if I can get an American visa since they will be sending me a letter of invitation from Washington Tacoma, thank you for your answer this is my email Maria Alvarenga

I do not know why the government of El Salvador allows so much corruption in the consulates of the foreigners sincerely do not serve for nothing only serve to steal money ala people I think that Nayib Bukele should begin to clean all that scum that only serve as a nuisance the truth are a complete trash if Bukele is going to be something that also clean the scum of the consulates because they are only screen to steal money ala people sincerely is a disappointment Salvador Ernesto Garcia Gavidia

This web site is not operated by this Consulate General and therefore your comments and questions will not necessarily be seen by its staff. Please note that this is not a forum for broad debate about the foreign policy of El Salvador, and such topics will be deleted.

Rate this post