Travel from south america to united states

Southern United States states


Based on information from the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Secretary of Tourism of the Government of Mexico, Miguel Torruco Marqués, announced that in 2021, Mexico ranked first in the share of trips made by Americans, receiving 58.6% of the total.

He indicated that the percentage share of total American travel to the North American region in 2021 was 62.9%, both by air and by other means, while the remaining 37.1% corresponded to other regions of the world: the Caribbean, 13.0%; Europe, 10.7%; Central America, 5.3%; the Middle East, 3.1%; South America, 2.9%; Asia, 1.3%; Africa, 0.7%; and Oceania with 0.1%.

Torruco Marqués highlighted that when considering air travel alone, in 2021 U.S. citizens increased their arrivals to Mexico by 100.9%, going from 5 million 16 thousand trips in 2020, to 10 million 77 thousand trips in 2021, so that only 0.3% more is needed to reach the levels observed in 2019, when 10 million 107 thousand tourists arrived by air.

United States of America

If there is something that still unites all the countries of the American continent, in the midst of the Trump era with its iron immigration policy, it is the Pan-American route. Almost 50,000 – 48,000 – kilometers that go from the tip of North America (Alaska) to the tip of South America (Chile). A road trip through the most incredible places in 14 countries to celebrate the day of the Americas.

It is one of the longest and most famous routes in the world and there are many people who have wanted to cross the borders of this immense continent and travel it from north to south. Crossing the Pan-American Highway means getting to know different cultures, ways of life, landscapes and languages. Here we show some of the most incredible places that can be seen in this journey.

The beginning of the Pan-American Highway is in Alaska, in Prudhoe Bay, the northernmost point of the continental route. From there you start descending until you reach Canada and later the United States. The North American part of the route serves to notice the first cultural shock once you reach the Mexican border, where you begin to perceive the differences between the countries of the south and the north.

Southern U.S. cities

These measures seemed very fair to British politicians, who had spent large sums of money to defend their American colonies during and after the French and Indian War. Surely, their reasoning was that the colonists should bear part of those expenses. But the colonists feared that the new taxes would hamper trade and that British troops stationed in the colonies could be used to crush the civil liberties the colonists had previously enjoyed.

The fears were generally unfounded, but they were the harbingers of what have become deeply rooted traditions in American politics. Citizens distrusted “powerful government”; after all, millions of immigrants came to the United States to escape political repression.

In 1765, representatives from nine colonies met as the “Stamp Act Congress” and protested the new tax. Merchants refused to sell British goods, stamp dealers were threatened by the angry mob, and most colonists simply refused to buy the stamps. The British parliament was forced to repeal the Stamp Act, but enforced the Accommodation Act, enacted taxes on tea and other goods, and sent customs officials to Boston to collect those duties. Again, the colonists chose to disobey, so British soldiers were sent to Boston.

Southern united states slavery

The number of Venezuelans crossing the Darien into North America has increased dramatically as several countries have imposed visa requirements that make it difficult for Venezuelans to travel by plane to Mexico and Central America. Venezuelan nationals have surpassed Cubans and Haitians as the largest population crossing the Darien in 2022, and now account for more than a third of all migrants using this dangerous route. During days-long treks through the jungle, migrants of numerous nationalities suffer repeated robberies and serious abuses, including rape. They also face dangers caused by natural conditions, such as raging rivers and wild animals.

Many migrants who have taken this longer route reported being attacked by criminal gangs who robbed and threatened them. Between January and May, Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) provided medical and psychological assistance to 89 women of various nationalities who were sexually abused in the Darien Gap.

Rate this post